Are you looking for a construction career where your efforts will directly contribute to the success of the firm? Do you want to engage with a company with a mission to support the country’s food supply? Consider joining an established team that plans, designs and builds food-processing facilities throughout the U.S.
We are seeking a talented individual who will oversee the on-site the construction of our projects. Communication ability is critical as you will be involved in the planning, scheduling, coordination, and quality control oversight of subcontractors. Also, the facilities we design and build are sanitary food plants and require high attention to detail in order to maintain the hygienic integrity of the finish facility.
- Oversee all aspects of the on-site construction implementation
- Manage sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling performance.
- Supervise onsite temporary personnel
- Interface with clients, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, building code officials, and city and county officials
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Negotiate with subcontractors to receive reasonable change order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Enhance organization reputation by communication with owners and exploring opportunities to add value for our client’s.
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields preferred
- Familiarity with construction management software preferred
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town projects
About Food Plant Engineering:
Food Plant Engineering, LLC is a specialized company that serves food production, processing, and distribution facilities that are expanding, renovating or building. We have been design leaders in this industry for 65 years and our team is growing.
Each member of our team takes personal responsibility for making our firm a success. The staff is closely-knit and supportive. Should you join FPE, you will be part of a bright, highly motivated and versatile group of professionals who value their commitment to designing and constructing facilities for the safe production of food.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, a vision-care plan, paid sick time, flexible hours, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.
How to Apply:
We request that you submit your interest in this position online using the form in the upper right (scroll up). If you would also like to supplement your online submission, please mail your information to:
Construction Superintendent Position
Food Plant Engineering
The Hendon Redmond Group
10816 Millington Ct, Suite 110
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242